turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Moss. 935 .670 Kicks 3.5" Longbeard #4s

Started by SCDieselDawg, January 11, 2014, 04:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCDieselDawg

Finally got to hit the patterning board today. These Longbeards look pretty good but had a few holes in the pattern. But I only touched off one shell so I'm not going to draw my conclusion yet!

chatterbox

Quote from: SCDieselDawg on January 11, 2014, 04:39:03 PM
Finally got to hit the patterning board today. These Longbeards look pretty good but had a few holes in the pattern. But I only touched off one shell so I'm not going to draw my conclusion yet!

That's a great looking pattern, and I see that you missed counting a few holes! I got 154 pellets! Outstanding for #4 lead!

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

ericjames

I will be shooting 4's or 5's for sure.. With all these #4 patterns I have been seeing I am learning toward them..

SCDieselDawg

I've got a box of 5s and a few more chokes to run through this gun. I'll be honest I normally hunt with a 870 SM but the pattern from this 935 may make it my go to gun!

the Ward

That is a very good number with pb #4's!       :OGturkeyhead:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

trkehunr93

Who would of thought we would be drooling over a pb #4 pattern!  Looks great, I'd hunt with it.

ILIKEHEVI-13

ILIKEHEVI-13

I, too, counted that pattern in the 150 something. 

I remember a couple of years ago I got 155 shot with a 3.5" 1.75oz #5 Hevi-13 load out of my 835.  So that pattern with 4's is a barn burner. 

3" 870 Shell Shucker

That really is a hammer.  That thing would smoke a coyote at 40 Yards with that much density in the pattern.  Lots of #4's on target right there.

SCDieselDawg

I'm bad about miss counting! But this setup has a thing for #4 shot. It put up 115 from the 3.5" Winchester XX load last year. I'm going to run this shell through a Mad Max and SSX as well. Ive also got some 3.5"'#5s to test, but those will be in my 835.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That MAD Max .680 I sold you I would think should do well.  Only one way to find out.  I hope it does even better that the Kicks .670.  But that pattern is going to be hard to beat.  But .670 - .680 seems to the magical zone for optimum performance out of most 835's. 

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on January 24, 2014, 05:42:36 AM
That MAD Max .680 I sold you I would think should do well.  Only one way to find out.  I hope it does even better that the Kicks .670.  But that pattern is going to be hard to beat.  But .670 - .680 seems to the magical zone for optimum performance out of most 835's.

That Mad Max has already proven it'll be a good choke in the woods with Federal Strut Shok 5s. But once the weather gets more like SC instead of Antarctica.   It's going to get a good workout with the LongBeard 4s and 5s