Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional Friday 3/11/2011 How are you standing?

Started by BOFF, March 11, 2011, 07:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Matthew 10:32-33 (The Message)

32-33  Stand up for me against world opinion and I'll stand up for you before my Father in heaven. If you turn tail and run, do you think I'll cover for you?

I'm having a hard time trying to add to the lesson with my own thoughts today, so I'll keep it simple.  When is the last time we confessed with our mouths, Jesus is Lord? To go even further, when is the last time we  confessed with our bodily actions, looks, and gestures, Jesus is Lord?  If we are not doing both, word of mouth and actions, then the confession is just simply a denial.

Others, though they may voice it, are watching our actions, and our stance. Are we standing firm for Jesus  in our work? Do we walk away from distasteful jokes, gossip? Do we partake in the negative talk about others, the company we work for, or how hard our job responsibilities may be at times.  Are we taking a stand for Jesus with our talk, and then walking His walk? Or are we taking a stand for Jesus in our talk, and forgetting the walk? How have you been standing lately?

Father God, forgive me of  my negativity, my anger, and my selfishness this week.  I praise you and thank you for hearing our prayers, and your answers to each. Let us be focused on your Word and your will for each of us.  Guide us with your Holy Spirit, giving us wisdom, knowledge, and concernment in our daily affairs. May we be a Blessing to others,  having your love and grace flow from us in our daily interactions. May others question why we walk, talk, and stand the way we do, so we may glorify your name, and share your salvation. For it is in Jesus name we ask, and claim these things, Amen!!!

God Bless,
David B.

mmims

Thank you David! Lifestyle Evangelism! Sorely missed in the world today!

Mike

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

pappy

David, very well put. I wonder how many times we looked into the mirror of life and truly see the image of Christ looking back at us?  I have known people who claim to be good Christians as many else have I am sure, who would be hard pressed to deny that their lifestyle proves otherwise. Not judging anyone, but I let the fruits of the Spirit do it for me.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

turkey slayer

Crutch

David, thanks for the word. I'm just now getting around to reading this and I suppose there is a reason for that. I really wanted to rant and rave about a lazy co-worker today but your message made me think about how Christ would handle the situation. I go on call this week. The last time I was on call, I had to come in (I'm salary so I don't get paid for it) on a Friday night and fix 4 computers in his area that he knew about before he left work.  Today we have 2 people on vacation and he isn't helping cover those areas either. I want to blow my lid and correct his laziness but now that the Holy Spirit has spoken to me, I've got to leave it in his hands. Thanks (kinda) for the message. I really wanted to correct someone else's behavior aggresively. Because of your obedience, you have probably covered a multitude of sins. LOL

Thanks for sharing the word from your heart.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble: