OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Win Long Beard SBEII

Started by SumToy, December 18, 2013, 08:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

Now as I was worried how it would do in the small bore.  It did not do as good as the rest but it will stop a bird in his tracks.  I plan on spending time with the smaller bore guns to see if we can pick them up any more. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

reynolds243

so is the 665 all you shot it out of? also the paper says SBE I but the title says SBEII (prob won't make a big difference) just trying to get all the details...

thanks for all this william.

SumToy

Quote from: reynolds243 on December 18, 2013, 08:38:47 PM
so is the 665 all you shot it out of? also the paper says SBE I but the title says SBEII (prob won't make a big difference) just trying to get all the details...

thanks for all this william.

It is a 2.  Just sloppy marker skills. lol 

I will try it in a smaller choke.  I had tested ever thing out a 665 so tried to keep them even.  Now we will go to pushing the guns to the limit to see what they do. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

reynolds243

awesome that would be great, id love to see what a smaller choke would do. I have to buy a few chokes for my new SBE2 and i have always had good luck with your 650 from my stoegers. Id like to find one that shoots this load as well as Magblends well from the SBE2

SumToy

The 665 will like both.  I don't think the 650 lay out will like this shell but I have a 650 that will.

reynolds243

I'm confused by the last statement lol. What seems to be the ticket with the sbe2 and magblends? Do they tend to like the tighter 650-660 like the stoegers do?

Gold Spur

William the .665 patterns look great.  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

SumToy

Quote from: reynolds243 on December 18, 2013, 09:53:53 PM
I'm confused by the last statement lol. What seems to be the ticket with the sbe2 and magblends? Do they tend to like the tighter 650-660 like the stoegers do?

The Mag is a hot shell.  So go to get aggressive to slow it down.  Now the layout of the choke and the taper is how you do that.  Now the smaller bore guns build more pressure then the bigger back bore guns also.   The 650 you have is aggressive. 

The new shell is not a hot shell.  So don't think it work in that choke but will try it.   We have 6 to 7 different layouts that can be ran in the 650 size.  :icon_thumright:

nyhunter

I have a hard time getting my 24" SBE 2 to get 200 with H-13 #6's it's usually in the low 180's at best. I'd love to see it hit 200 with 6's I am very interested in a combo that will push tho 200,200+ mark.

booth

William was the pattern shot at 30 or 40?

SumToy

booth

That is a wicked lead pattern.  You have made up my mind I am picking some up.

reynolds243

anyone know where to get any currently? i see Cabelas has it listed but all is on backorder and I would like to try the 3.5 #6