turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sunday Devotional... We ARE Sent Out..12/22/13

Started by pappy, December 22, 2013, 11:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

All the uproar over the statement made by Mr. Phil Robertson of the Duck Dynasty Show has just proven one thing to me. We are sent out into the world as messengers of God, we are not meant to sit on our laurels we are meant to open our mouths and speak openly about the Word of God and its getting to the point that the world is beginning to take notice.
Ezekiel was a priest who commissioned by God to spread the message of horror and hope. One of condemnation and consolation, his main objective was to place a special emphasis on making sure that those in Babylon shall know "That I am the Lord" meant exactly that, that God is God and His word is His word and it is exact and righteous and shall be followed to the tee.
He is sent to Israel in chapter 2..." And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.
And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.
And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious Nation, that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.
For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God.
And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.
And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.
And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.
But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.
And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;
And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe."
Mr. Robertson as an ordained Minister knows this word, following in Ezekiel's footsteps. like many who are called to deliver the good the bad and the ugly, his words were not his own, but he spoke "Thus saith the Lord" and this hit those who were listening to the quick and they responded as any rebellious group would... with disdain and despicable rhetoric trying to weaken this prophet with accusations and false testimonials. He is no different then any believer when it comes to persecution, we all face it in some manner, but as it says in Ezekiel 2....we shall speak His words unto them and whether they hear or turn away, we did our job as commissioned by God! My point is simple, do you see Mr. Robertson tucking his tail and bowing down to those who are persecuting him? Do we who are spreading the word, no matter if it is one of hope or horror, turn tail and run when we are persecuted? The answer has to be NO. We stand, yes we stand. We rise above these rebels who would like to do nothing more but to eradicate us from the face of the Earth, with their false statements and their false witnesses, But in the end it is going to be God who will persevere and His word shall prosper, and those who are doing His will shall inherit Heaven, proving to this world that the Bible is Holy and infallible, that it has never been beaten and it will never be beaten, that it is true and exact, and that it has been commissioned to those who will follow it to their graves, becoming Martyrs of Christ, and Champions of the Gospel! 
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206