OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hunting Arkansas  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Shack

Hunting Arkansas
« on: December 06, 2013, 04:04:39 PM »
Been to Ark. many times duck hunting and it can at times be as good as it gets.  My favorite was shooting in flooded timber around Stuttgart.  I have had the opportunity to be there when a ice storm moves through, freezes the rice fields and timber and very difficult and usually unproductive hunting.  If you are going to be there for the next week best bet is shoot the rivers with flowing water, otherwise sit in the cabin and have a drink.

Offline nothingbutlongbeards

Re: Hunting Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 08:28:54 PM »
NE Arkansas is full of ducks as of the first week of the 2014-2015 season

Offline Full strut

• Woooo Pig Sooie
Re: Hunting Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 11:26:48 PM »
Been to Ark. many times duck hunting and it can at times be as good as it gets.  My favorite was shooting in flooded timber around Stuttgart.  I have had the opportunity to be there when a ice storm moves through, freezes the rice fields and timber and very difficult and usually unproductive hunting.  If you are going to be there for the next week best bet is shoot the rivers with flowing water, otherwise sit in the cabin and have a drink.

Next time you come visit us in AR and we have a freeze, find open water and you'll find ducks  :icon_thumright: