OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Good Find  (Read 2127 times)

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Good Find
« on: October 31, 2013, 09:32:16 PM »
After hunting with my mentor and hearing his crow call and recommendation of that call I started searching for a PS Olt Crow Call to use while hunting.  I have a Primos Power Crow and it works but it just did not have that "it" sound to it. I felt that even with my skill level I could run the call to make the birds shock gobble to it.  I found a few on Ebay but always got out bid right at the last seconds of the auction.

Every so often I look through Ebay on my lunch.  Well on Monday I came across a PS Olt Crow Call still in the box.  The price was right and it was buy now with free shipping so I jumped on it.  Came in the mail today and I am very happy with it.  It is already on the vest.  :D

“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
Re: Good Find
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
 Those are great crow calls. You should look for its mate in the Red Tail Hawk. Looks just like the crow, only in brown. Congrats. Fine call.
Georgia Boy

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 09:46:13 PM »
Those are great crow calls. You should look for its mate in the Red Tail Hawk. Looks just like the crow, only in brown. Congrats. Fine call.

Thanks for the heads up.  Will look for one.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 10:26:13 PM »
Two on ebay right now. Best hawk ever made
Georgia Boy

Offline va wingbone

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 07:15:47 AM »
Olt made the best coon squaller you can buy too!

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

Offline Stillbroke

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 08:00:53 PM »
I'm currently bidding on one on eBay. I see the prices range from 10-100$ or more. Just curious what yo paid or, what is a good price?