turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Small frame turkey call question......

Started by beards-n-bone, March 10, 2011, 04:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beards-n-bone

I know of a kit (call purrfect) that one can make their own custom mouth calls.  Are there any out there that one could make small frame calls with?  I have a small pallet and would like to make my own calls to find the right one for me.

mmusso

If you're looking to make your own, you can order the materials from pioneerturkeycalls.com. I know they have the small frames. If you're looking for one that's already made, everyone around here seems to like the Hook's youth calls.

beards-n-bone

Got three ordered from them already.....nice guys.  Thought about contest calling at some point, and think I need to do my own tweaking to get the sound I want out of a call.  Anxious to get my calls from hooks.  I will say that I ordered from them and in less than 10 minutes a notification of shipping was in my inbox.  Now that is a good start!!!!  Thanks for the info on the calls!!

shootumindaface

Hope you like our calls.. I have heard the call Purrrrrrrrfect jig is a POS.. I know Feather ridge makes a press that will stretch youth calls but his presses are expensive.. Other guys choose to stretch on the table which can lead to a long learning curve.. I have a small simple press from a friend that does real good with consistency and will stretch all size frames but they hard to come by..