turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First encounter this fall

Started by fallhnt, October 08, 2013, 01:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

Was able to get back out this past weekend and had some action. Walking in fri. a.m. I bumped a doe and yearling. Well I kept my flashlight on the yearling and it walked up to me and bumped me with it's nose. Thats a first. So after moving on and setting up I heard one gobble. We talked for a bit and he moved on. The p.m. brought more gobbler talk and they roosted on the hill above me. Game on. Sat. a.m. I got to talking with the loud mouth and birds gobbled everywhere. The first bird flew down at 8:35 and 10 min. later walked off untouched. Oh well. I kept calling and at 10:00 I had 3 more longbeards come in. These birds were walking tall. If you held a dead gobbler by the head and let his feet touch the ground,that is how tall they were.They dwarfed my 3 decoys. Well I have a mental block when it come to shooting one straight on but I new my Rage would cut his head off. So instead of letting them finish off I took the shot and missed again. I thought both of my bow tags would be filled but now I have to go back out. Sun. a.m. they were were roosted appart and got back together by 10:00. No gobbling,just gobbler clucks and yelps. Score one for the birds. :funnyturkey:
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy