OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotional for Thursday 3/10/2011

Started by Roostem33, March 10, 2011, 07:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roostem33

Those who trust in their wealth and boast in the multitude of their riches, none of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him—for the redemption of their souls is costly, and it shall cease forever—that he should continue to live eternally, and not see the Pit. (Psalm 49:6-9)

These are powerful words for our day and age. It is so easy for many to believe that their wealth, their power, and their goodness will someday be enough to save them.
But the only way to have eternal life and not see the pit of eternal destruction is to realize that you can do nothing and pay no amount to redeem your own soul. Why? Because the price of your soul is very costly—more than you could ever pay.
The purchase price was the shed blood of the Son of God upon Calvary's cross. Only through embracing His sacrifice can your soul be ransomed. No good works can do it. No personal sacrifice can do it. The price has been paid.

I trust you have accepted God's gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ. If so, praise Him today for rescuing you from the pits and for paying that high price for you.

Have a Blessed day,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer

BOFF

We praise you Father God for your salvation through your son Jesus Christ. We thank you for your love , grace, protection, and guidance through the Holy Spirit. Help us to be men and women of integrity, steadfast in your word, truth, and light. Not for our glory, but for yours. In Jesus name we pray, and claim these things, AMEN!!!

Thanks for the Word Jody, and the reminder to praise Him for his works and our salvation!!

God Bless,
David B.

RBC

Duke0002

:jesus-cross:    Thanks Jody.  Comforting words!

pappy

Jody, you hit the nail on the head my friend, so many today lust for wealth and fame, and short lived glory..........great devotional....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206