turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TriStar Shotguns

Started by pullit, March 09, 2011, 10:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullit

Does anyone know anything about TriStar shotguns? I am always looking for a light weight shotgun for humping the hills. These are light and the price is not bad.

http://www.tristarsportingarms.com/product_camo.html

grousec

I have had a couple Tr-Star's.  One sxs, one o/u.  Liked the o/u a lot.  Good service.  I would not be afraid to buy one.

TurkeyTim

I just bought this one for my son about a month ago.  We have about 100 rounds thru it and I like the way it feels and shoots.   It comes with a 4" barrel extension and three chokes(which feel and look kinda of cheap).   He is only eleven so I bought a smaller stock from Tri-Star that measured out to a 13" LOP for him.  I also bought a two inch barrel extension so now the gun can be a 24", 26" or 28" gun just by removing the barrel extenders.  It uses a beretta/benelli choke.   I went and bought a Carlson Turkey choke but we are waiting for some good weather to go out and pattern the gun.

Viper G2 TW 3"[Turkey/Waterfowl]- Soft Touch 12ga

BigPeck215

i have heard really really really good things about the 20 gauges

the 12 gauges had some problems with the earlier models pre-early 2009, but they fixed the problems in the new models and everything i have heard has been very good, no problems to speak of, so just make sure you get a late 2009 or later model and you should be good to go