OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fence Post Scratcher UPDATED PICS GOT TO SEE

Started by pappy, July 17, 2013, 10:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Saw a Holly scratcher on here last week so I ordered me some to play with. I decided on a "fence post" style for the inlays...I used Tulipwood and Purpleheart on the striker with the holly and Purpleheart and Cocobolo on the scratch box with the holly. Thinking about doing either a center post on the box and two end posts on the striker or just add two posts on the striker and do a struttin' bird on the box? Any way, it was fun working with this stuff, but you sure have to be careful it burns fast and gets smudged real easy....

20 LIL' TURKEYS PLAYIN' BEHIND THE FENCE .... ALONG CAME A HUNTER AND THEN THERE WERE NONE...HAHAHA... IS THIS BETTER? PAPPY
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

owlhoot

nice , turkey on box sounds neat.

stone road turkey calls

That looks great, like the center post idea, you could lower the two end post and raise the center post to get a more realistic looking fence. nice call wish i could do work like that.

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Rope

Sharp looker Pappy. The more,I see Holly,the more I like it
Freedom is NOT free

pappy

Thanks for the comments, let me tell ya, working with Holly sure ain't for the weak of heart....this stuff is so delicate to friction, and picks up anything and everything you got on your hands, but when you do it right it is Fantastic! I challenge any call maker to grab some and make a call with it, my next attempt is going to be a matching box call for this lil' scratcher....
tel...573-380-8206

alloutdoors

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

Gawhitaker

owlhoot