turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Vinci/sumtoy.650//magblends

Started by the Ward, July 05, 2013, 03:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Shot this yesterday,couldn't believe it! Benelli vinci, sumtoy .650,3"magblends.Temps in mid 80s very high humidity very slight breeze.Shot at a tape measured 40yrds.

Casey Johnson

NWTF - Tennessee

the Ward

Another pic,i held the first one up to the light and it didn't show up as good as I thought it would.Count is 220 in the 10" with a dirty barrel

Ridge Rooster

Great pattern. I would hunt with that!

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

HuntSource

Big numbers. Even pattern. I'd say you're set. It'll likely open a little in cooler weather, but that's not a bad thing. There'd still be more than enough in the 10" at 40yd and it'd be a little wider at close range.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

the Ward

Thanks Guys for the compliments!I just about fell over when I walked up to the target and saw it!

DirtNap647

learn2hide

better get sighted in right!  I see a lot of jelly head in your future...congrats
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

tomstopper

Dang. That will make a mess of some heads for sure......

turkeysforever

Those MagnumBlends seem terrific
I gotta try some

the Ward

I've only used lead shells in the past,had gotten a good deal on the magblends and some xtended range Winchesters.Didn't know what I was missing,i'm a believer in htl now for sure!

chatterbox

That is one of the finest mag blend patterns I have seen!
Looks like you are set! Go hunt! :icon_thumright:

the Ward

Thanks!I was testing another load and choke combo that day and I figured I'd try the Sumtoy .650 with the Blends.Glad I did lol!The unusual thing about the patterns though was that it looked like most of the larger shot was migrating to the outer fringe of the pattern leaving a core of the smaller shot.But i'll take it lol!This was my first venture into the htl world and I have to say I'm hooked!       :drool:

booth

That will straight mash one!  :you_rock:  Have you shot it at 20 or 25 yards to see how it looks?