OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Yall got me thinkin about HTL through a Kicks

Started by TheSportsman, March 09, 2011, 08:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Yall have really gotten me to thinking... I didnt get to go pattern guns today because of the weather. I am very currious about how this Benelli SBE is gonna act.  I have got some copper plated lead loads( Winchester HV 3.5" 5s and 6s), but after reading some post on here, im worried about shooting the HTL stuff through these Kicks GT chokes.  Ive got some Winchester Xtended Range 3.5" 5s and 6s that sounds like wouldnt be a big deal to run them in the GTs, but my Hevi 3.5" 2 1/4oz 6s and the MBs... well thats another story... Im kinda nervous to run them through the Kicks.  I am really wondering if I should go get a Jellyhead .655 or a IC 660 or a 665 to try in the new Benelli???  As of right now, I have a Kicks GT .660 that I own, and a buddy of mine was gonna let me borrow his Kicks GT .655.  Other than that, i have a Benelli Factory Xtended XX Full Turkey made by benelli. The constriction seems to be right around .670...  What would you guys do? Run the HTL through the Kicks, or be cautious and just go get a approved HTL choke like a JH or a IC?  Sorry for the questions, just kinda uneasy and dont know which way to go? again thanks for all the help. 

Gun- Benelli SBE, Left Hand, 26" Barrel, Black

Chokes- Kicks GT .660, Kicks GT .655, and Benelli XXF Turkey Xtended Factory

Loads I have- Hevi Shot 3.5" Magblends, Hevi 3.5" 2 1/4oz 6s, Win XR 3.5" 5s and 6s and some Federal Lead FC 2 1/4oz 5s

Tom Foolery

I've shot a lot of Hevi through my Kicks .660, I say go for it.

ILIKEHEVI-13

If you ever have a problem shooting Hevi-13 loads through a Kick's choke, I want to know about it.  They are built like a tank.  Beefy!

SKFOOTER

I've shot Hevi-Shot thru Kick's chokes in my Benellis for over 12 years with no I'll effects.  Go with the Kicks.

TheSportsman