OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Need ideas  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Hook hanger

Need ideas
« on: June 21, 2013, 02:18:49 AM »
Looking for ideas on how to display fan mount of eastern, rio, merriam, and osceola in one type of diplay.

Offline gdublongwilly

Re: Need ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 02:46:33 PM »
That could be a tough one!  I'll be anxious to see what you and the others come up with for ideas......   :anim_25:

Offline Hook hanger

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 06:09:13 PM »
Well have idea where i could get a 30"X30" picture frame and turn it 45 degrees and put fans on each side and fill picture frame with a collage of pictures taken over the years. But wanted to see what others have done in the past to help me on deciding what to do.

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 06:31:41 AM »
Little  late but you can consider the half  mount or breast mount.

Offline greentag

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 05:07:05 AM »
go to turkey fan man and get one of his four tail grand slam tail holders.they stack the fans but are off the wall for a 3d like look.or you can layer them without the holder yourself,but if you go to that page you can probably get some ideas.

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 06:50:12 AM »
I have had the idea of making a "circular" mount that worked from 1-4 fans. Best way I can explain is with 1 fan: looked traditional, 2 fans: one above one below, 3 fans: you would see two thirds of each fan layered over each other and 4 fans: would see a 1/4 of each fan. And this keeps them tight to the wall.

Here's how 3 would lay out, think of a circular shingled pattern...
(of course some "maker" will see this and make millions off it, but if you like it I'm willing to share)

MK M GOBL

Yup I'm a FANaddict!

Offline jims

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 11:43:43 AM »
One idea I have considered is to place each fan inside a separate shadow box frame with glass.  Then place other things inside to compliment each fan.  Possibly add spurs, beards photos, shotgun shell, other feathers that may set each species off from the others, etc.  Could include a photo of what the country looked like as well as a map, etc of where each was harvested.

Offline pdugas

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 04:11:10 PM »
Did this for a friend of mine with his Rio fan

Offline pdugas

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »
Sorry just realized you said one display for all of them. That might be challenging.