OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 Hevi-Shot choke tube pattern pics

Started by TJK68, June 06, 2013, 09:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJK68

Here is a pic of what my pattern looked like today. It was 72 degrees and cloudy. I was shooting Hevi-13 #7's, 2 1/4 oz , 3 1/2" shells. This was at a measured 40 yards. I also shot some number 6's and some Nitro's. I still have to do a little fine tuning but I believe this combo will work well. Thanks for your input.
Tom

ads1

Good Deal!!! Looks like a dead turkey! :turkey2:
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

Gold Spur

Think you found the right combination!  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

SCDieselDawg

That choke is hard to beat in the 870s. My setup liked the 3.5" Mag blends better than the 6s.

TnTurk

That would be a Bang-Flop, no doubt about it.

nyhunter

:icon_thumright: great patter, you should try the straight 6's and mag blends.

TJK68

Thanks guy's, I tried some straight 6's 1 3/4 oz and did not pattern as well. I also had a dozen of the Nitro 4,5,7's, these are the 501L shells 4 copper 5copper and 7 Hevi, they shot a great pattern. I am still going to try the Hevi-13 6's again in a 2 1/4 oz load and the Mag Blends. I am not a number's guy just looking for a good Turkey Killing pattern. I still have to do some tweaking on it, I think it can do better.
Tom

TJK68

I just went back and counted for you guy's that like to know numbers and came up with 220 in a 10" circle at 40. The pattern is shooting a little high left and this was  the 7th shot. So after I bring it down to the right a little,and clean the barrel, I think the numbers will improve.
Thanks Tom

captin_hook

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

Very nice. Dont see a turkey getting his head out of that in one piece.......

mikejd

Not gonna be a good day for that bird.
I do agree if you can lower and bring to the right those numbers will jump substantially and you will have a better all around even patrern then.
Not that you need it.

the Ward

Very nice! I'm impressed at the patterns those hevi shot tubes are throwing.         :icon_thumright:

mckinzie

chatterbox

Great pattern! :icon_thumright:
No bird will walk away from that!
BANG=FLOP!!!!!!!