OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

10 gauge xtended range

Started by Rockhound, May 22, 2013, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

They didn't load it but I did!!!! Its a shame that they never offered this in the 10 gauge loading because they missed out on a big seller. I counted these and came out at 225/oz so they are a little undersized. I loaded these with the 2 oz Hevi data in rosters book. Running 1240 fps but I'm shooting a 24" barrel, so I assume its around 1180-1200 I wish I could get it a little faster.

The pattern is holey on the right side

222/10 at 41 yds

deadbuck

Rockhound

Thegobblergetter

Rockhound, what recipe are you using from Roster's book?  If it is from his hevi-shot book the heaviest load in 10ga is a 1 5/8oz load.  Let me know.  Thanks, John

Rockhound

I thought it was rosters book maybe it was in the hand loading Hevi shot manual. I'll have to look and make sure. Its a 2 oz. Load called turkey time

Thegobblergetter

That load is in BP's "Handloading Hevi-shot" 2nd edition manual.  It is called "turkey time" and I have used that same recipe with hevi-shot and heavyweight shot, and just adjusted filler wads as needed.  What type of shot and size were you using?  Thanks, John

Rockhound

#6 robbed from first run Winchester extended range

Thegobblergetter

By the way, Rockhound, what shotgun/choke are you using?  I am using an SP-10 with a PG .710 choke or a Rhino .720.  John

Rockhound

That was out of a bps, with a 24" barrel and kicks 690