Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Some pots, some hooters and some crow calls....

Started by Gobblerstopper, March 09, 2011, 07:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobblerstopper

It is amazing what you can find on the side of the road.  By an office I used to have there was a place where you could split your own firewood.  One day I drove by and saw a chunk of spalted maple.  Called the number that was there and the guy told me to take what I wanted.  Too bad I took a piece that I could load by myself and not what I really wanted. 

Seven years later, I cut into it.  Never tackled a chunk of wood like this until yesterday, but I don't think it is going to be the last time.  Ignore the curly maple (it was found on the side of the road too), it is future Harrison Hooters.  The rest is going to be some pots, some Harrison crow calls and some more Harrison Hooters.  Time to cut up the other half of the piece now...

Cut*N*Run

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

lightsoutcalls

SWEET!

It's scary the stuff we probably pass by on a daily basis...  Very nice find!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

handcannon

Dang I love spalted wood. I cant tell if its just the picture but is there some red in that wood too? Looks like some flame box elder almost. Those are gonna be some beautiful calls. I'd love to have a hooter out of it for sure.

Gobblerstopper

There is some red in it.  Actually it is a pinkish color.  It goes all the way through the blanks, so it should still be in the call (I usually end up loosing the good stuff  :'()  I think James said there's enough for 4 hooters there, but I'm not sure.  Some worms got to the edge of biggest blank.

handcannon

How does one put his name in the hat for one of those spalted Harrison Hooters?

doepee

Nice lookin wood.  it'll make some awesome pots and some awesome hooters... :icon_thumright:

harvester

Hope you put the some pictures on here when you get a couple done.