OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1187 youth drill and tap?

Started by JKF, May 19, 2013, 08:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKF

I'm hearing the receiver is too thin. Is this true ?

rock54

IF THE RECIEVER IS THE SAME AS THE REGULAR 1187, THEN YES... YOU WILL NEED TO TALK TO YOUR GUNSMITH TO SEE IF HE IS UP FOR IT TO BE DRILLED AND TAPPED...MY GUNSMITH IS DOING MINE NOW AND HE SAYS THE BACK OF THE RECIEVER IS THICK ENOUGH FOR THE BACK TWO SCREWS, FRONT OF THE RECIEVER IS THIN, SO HE IS GOING TO PUT 3 SCREWS IN AND GO THRU THE BARREL TOO, TOTAL OF 5 SCREWS AND I WILL BE GOOD TO GO, ISSUE WILL BE IF I WANT TO TAKE IT APART,I WILL HAVE TO LOOSEN THE  FRONT 3 SCREWS FROM THE BARREL TO DO SO, ONCE HE LOCK TIGHTS EVERYTHING TOGETHER THATS THE WAY IT WILL STAY, NO PLANS TO TAKE IT APART, THIS GUN IS ONLY FOR TURKEY...GOOD LUCK IN YOUR DECISION....RUSS

Uvagobbler

A gunsmith told me the same. He drilled and tapped my 12 11-87 but said the 20 was too thin. I know several here have posted their 20's with a fastfire mounted on their receiver. That would be a great option also.

rock54

gunsmith calld and i am pickn my gun up tomorrow 5/25/13,so i will ask him if he had any issues in the drill and tapd process....will let you know russ

ltprod

Let me know what he says also

rock54

ok, just got back from gunsmith pic up...he drilled the back two screws with no issues as expected...front two screws he used them to pin the barrel too,the screws are little longer, so the front screws are thru the reciever and the barrel too...
he said he had no issues with the drill and tap at all and that everything went as he expected and for me to go and kill a bunch a turkeys with it...now i got to put the scope and rings on it and pic
a choke and start the sightn in process....good luck to all russ