turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Evidence against Fed. rumors?

Started by IowaGobblers, May 18, 2013, 10:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaGobblers

I have heard the rumors and im sure that you have too but I found something that might prove the rumors wrong. On sportsmans guide,  if you add the fed. #6's to cart, it will tell you that it is out of stock BUT it will tell you that they expect the product to be in stock July 15th. So how do they expect it in stock if its discontinued?

mightyjoeyoung

Federal is discontinuing its line of HTL loads, including the heavyweight waterfowl loads, due to excessive cost to manufacture.  It IS however still in the 2013 catalog in the turkey loadings.  Apparently the online note on the website stating they were stopping the whole line has been recinded!!  I stand corrected...until next time.  lol
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

buckeyejim

So all of this has been bullooooooony?

mightyjoeyoung

I sure hope so!  I only have maybe 5 or 6 boxes of 20 gauge 7's left all good lot #'s and the stuff is as rare as hen's teeth now so until I see it back on the shelves I gotta believe something is amiss...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

buckeyejim

Agreed I have 3 boxes thats it. Lets hope so.

buckeyejim

Got an email back from federal. Email stated as of right now they have NO plans to stop making the 20 gauge hwt shells .

IowaGobblers

That's what I like to hear! !!!  :z-guntootsmiley:

Uvagobbler

Left a vm and federal returned my call within 30 minutes. The gentleman said that he hasn't heard anything about discontinuing their heavyweight turkey line of ammo. I have 3 boxes for my 20 gauge but haven't experimented with them. I really would like to find a good combo with that shell.

buckeyejim

Tried a sumtoy 562-5? Mine shoots unreal in an 870 28 inch bbl 20 ga

01Foreman400

I have 52 boxes so I'm not worried but hope they don't so you all can buy more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

IowaGobblers

[quote I have 52 boxes so I'm not worried/quote]
Thats crazy :z-dizzy:! Wish I had that much...

buckeyejim

WOW! Dont think I will kill 260 turkeys in my lifetime have no plans on being around that long lol.

surehuntsalot

I know I won't be around that long
I already have enough ammo in my house that I had to notify the fire department in case of a fire
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WV TURKEY THUG

savduck

Winchester said they weren't gonna quite making extended range too right until the very end.

I've got enough Feds to last me a while. Even if they keep making them one of two things is gonna happen in the future.

1. Price per box goes up to account for tungsten increases or
2. Amount of tungsten in each pellet is reduced and quality of load performance suffers.

Why do you guys think Hevi shot keeps tinkering with hybrid loads.

I bought my Feds at 14 a box. Glad I did.
Georgia Boy