OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: How to attach plaque  (Read 3838 times)

Offline milertyme03

How to attach plaque
« on: May 17, 2013, 01:21:51 AM »
Hi all I have had my two long beard fans pinned and drying with borax since first week of may.  I have never done a fan myself.  What do I do to attach the plaque to the fan? I also have some back feathers pinned I plan on putting on the fan. How do I attach a beard to a shot shell I saved.  If anyone can recommend a nice cheaper plaque to mount with I have to order some.  Had to start doing these myself because at 100$ a fan it starts adding up.  I actually have enjoyed doing it.

Thanks, Matt

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Offline coyote1

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: How to attach plaque
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 02:12:56 AM »
Hunters specialties has a nice little plaque for $18, it comes with a plate and screw to mount the fan. I put 2 part 5 minute epoxy on the quills. This helps keep the fan together and gives you a good solid place to put the screw. This plaque has a spot for the beard, use hot glue to attach it, this glue will also work to attach the beard to your shotgun shell. Hope this helps.

Offline eddie234

• Longbeard
How to attach plaque
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 09:25:03 AM »
This is the hunter's specialty plaque. I got the brass tag laser engraved at a local shop with the date. Hot glued the shot shell to the top.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 12:18:42 PM by eddie234 »