Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

NWTF Super X2 Rob Roberts .660 Final Strut Hevi 13 2 1/4oz #6 and #7

Started by learn2hide, April 07, 2013, 10:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

learn2hide

Today was fun...about 70 degrees and calm...40 yards off a decent rest, I didn't really bear down on sights just tried to make a good squeeze so that's why POI may seem a little off.  I cleaned barrel with powder blast, 2 runs with squeegee attachment and tico swab before shooting and again after each shot.  Attached is the MagBlend pattern from 4-6 as well as the Straight 6's and Straight 7's from today 4-7.  Interestingly I was going to shoot another MagBlend today as well but when I pulled one out of the box I found it to be a 3 1/2in Hevi Metal #3 instead...all the other shells were fine.  EnvironMetal is going to be getting a phone call about that one, doubt it would have damaged my gun but holy crap that's a big difference in shells.  Anyway the 3.5" 2 1/4 oz Hevi 6's rolled me a 216 in 10" and the  2 1/4 oz 7's dropped a 260...pretty dang happy and ready to go put some hooks in the dirt...good luck to everyone on opening day!!! 
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

learn2hide

looked at the #7 again, if I shifted the 10" circle about 1 1/2" to the right I'd lose 9 on the left and gain 22 on the right so a 270 plus...irrellevant, either way a nice swarm.  I've got too many of the #6's not to shoot em up at some birds but next time I buy I think the 7's will be my choice.  6 days....let the countdown begin
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

BINK McCARTY

I TO SHOOT ONE OF ,ACTUALLY TWO OF ROBS CHOKES A .650 & .655 ...HAVE U TRIED ANY TIGHTER FOR YOUR HEVI-13 #7 SHOT? I SHOT HIS .650 & #7 OUT OF MY SBE II AND GOT 336 IN 10", HES PRETTY GOOD ABOUT SENDING DIFFERENT CHOKES...JUST THOUGHT ID SHARE IT.GOOD LUCK

learn2hide

Thank you...I have talked to him before when I first switched from Indian Creek, he recommended I try the .660.  I'm quite content with this set up, personal opinion that something shooting 300 plus would be too tight for my liking, at least at this point I still have an 8 inch pattern at 20 yards so I have some leeway on close shots.  As one of my other buddies on here likes to say, how dead is dead enough??  :you_rock:

longbeards

I have two of Robs chokes in my turkey guns. First is an 870 that he did in 89 or 90...it has killed a pile of turkey! last year I had him do a trigger job and choke my M1....Very happy with the work,,just took forever,,,,BUT would use him agian,,

the Ward

Good even patterns,thats a real nice combo of gun and choke for sure!       :OGturkeyhead:

tomstopper

turkeysforever

Those are super patterns and the Hevi13's are hard hitting for sure