turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal Hvy. Weight #7s and Sumtoy 562-5 Results

Started by Punisher, May 15, 2013, 08:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Punisher

I finally got some Fed. Hvy. Weight #7s and ran them through this choke.  I got 115/10, 124/10, and 158/10.  With the Fed. Hvy Weight #6s and the Carlson's .575, I average right around 110/10 and shot a 135/10 the other day.  What do you guys think and which one would y'all use?  Has anyone ever shot the Hevi #7s through the Sumtoy 562-5 and how did they perform?  I have to say the Federal Hvy Weight #7/Sumtoy patterns were nice and even, as was the Carlson's patterns with the Fed Hvy Weight #6s.

Onpoint

R AJ

The Hevi7s do best to me in the 562-3 choke but not bad in the 562-5. Likewise the 562-5 does best with the Fed HWs  and very acceptable with the H-13 6s or 7s.

You need to decide what pattern looks best or if one choke does better than the other using both shells.  Either  will do for hunting but may not win a target shooting match.

buckeyejim

IowaGobblers

Would you happen to have any extra feds sitting around?  Just got my sumtoy .562-5 in today but can't find any shells to run through it.

Punisher

Sorry.  I wish I did but I only have 5 more #7s and 10 #6s.  I am thinking about shooting the #6s because I can at least find them around most of the time where as with the #7s you had better start buying them up in January just so you know you will have some come April.  I do not know if it is worth all the hassle.

IowaGobblers

Alrighty thanks. I might just have to shoot #6's unless I find some #7's around

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: Punisher on May 15, 2013, 10:48:27 PM
Sorry.  I wish I did but I only have 5 more #7s and 10 #6s.  I am thinking about shooting the #6s because I can at least find them around most of the time where as with the #7s you had better start buying them up in January just so you know you will have some come April.  I do not know if it is worth all the hassle.

My 562-5 shoots HWT 6's fantastic.

IowaGobblers

[My 562-5 shoots HWT 6's fantastic.]

Would you happen to have any pattern pictures?