North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I'm done.....

Started by BowBendr, May 12, 2013, 10:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

Seasons over.....nothing.......

Sorry I haven't replied to your threads but i've been hunting..hard...
Truth is, you can't kill birds where there aren't birds.....

Been this way in my part of NC for a while now. Seeing tons of hens but just not seeing gobblers, and the ones I have seen have been with hens all day long. I heard 4 turkeys gobble in NC all year, 2 while scouting the day before youth season. They were gone the next week. 1 bird I called in to 50 yds. and 1 bird that I got on last friday and haven't heard him since........

One of my turkey hunting heroes, a man that has limited out in TN and NC for 40 yrs. straight, a man that frequents this forum, never heard a bird gobble in NC this year. His farm lies where NC always had birds. His area was used years ago to trap and relocate birds to the rest of NC during the eary years. His county has always been THE place to hunt.....nothing..not even a gobble.....broke a 40 yr. streak.......

I never figured it would rain 11" over 3 days in KY either while we were there, but at least I got my boy his 1st gobbler this year, that makes up for a lot, seeing that kill over-the-shoulder was awesome !!

MDbowman

Sorry to hear you struck out. Tough for me to stay focused while I am turkey hunting when there are NO gobbles! Really tough to think that your spot is really taking a nosedive though. Hopefully there were enough birds there getting the deed done that with a good hatch you can be back into the action next year.