North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

...just 1 sunny day.......

Started by BowBendr, May 05, 2013, 12:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

I ain't griping...just sayin'.......

Man, it's been tough. I've hunted a bunch this year and i've yet to hunt on a nice day. My gun is soggy, the barrels starting to get limp. The wind has blown at 40 mph gust for 2 months now, yesterday it was 60. Most days i've froze and some days the birds don't fly down til way late....11'ish late.....hens not nesting much.

I've only mowed my grass once, and that was too just even it out and it don't need it now. I have azaleas that haven't bloomed and you can still see 120 yds in the woods...it's been dang cold.....most days are in ankle deep water....

NC is open 1 more week. I shoulda killed that bird 2 thursdays ago that was struttin' at XX yds and just posted the kill pics and not told ya'll how far it was....I've had my chances....

WV TURKEY THUG

Its 75 degrees.about 2mph wind and sun is shining not a cloud in the sky been like this for a few days here in wv. Everything is getting pretty dry around here.

MDbowman

It is amazing what a difference a pretty day can make!

Keep after em!!

WV TURKEY THUG

Seems like the.crappier the weather gets.the better luck i have lol.

bawana

Ohio has two weeks left................. ;D

derek

That certainly makes things tough.  We've had some really awesome weather the last two weeks.. has made for some great gobbling days which really helps. 

A couple years ago Bonce and I were hunting NF in East Tennessee, very close to the NC border and the wind coming over those ridges was insane.. every single day it was blowing 20mph+ except 1 and we both killed that day. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com