OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal HWT 6s

Started by SCDieselDawg, May 05, 2013, 12:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCDieselDawg

Anybody shot the Heavy Weight 6s. I know the 7s are awesome but I've found a local supply of the 6s and that's all they have in Hwts and they are cheaper than everybody else's HWTs.

R AJ

surehuntsalot

buy all you can
I would shoot them instead of 7's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

savduck

I have. They put up a 110 to 120 type pattern for me depending on choke. I'd shoot them.
Georgia Boy

Deadeye

I've used them the last few seasons and really like them. They pattern very well out of my Browning BPS.

SCDieselDawg

What choke? I'm shooting a Remington. I know dads Magnum 1100 LT-20 shot barely over 100 with the RSF and the SSX was pitiful. Im gonna try the factory full to see if it makes a difference.

Punisher

Carlson's .575 non-ported Hevi-Shot approved choke does the best for me with that particular load out of a Remmy 870 with a 26" barrel.

surehuntsalot

the Carlson .575 does real well with a 21" barrel too
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Deadeye

Rhino 670 out of my Browning BPS. I called Rhino and they recommended this restriction for the gun.

R AJ

Quote from: Deadeye on May 07, 2013, 08:09:16 AM
Rhino 670 out of my Browning BPS. I called Rhino and they recommended this restriction for the gun.

Time out - You are in the 20 gauge section and using a .670 choke?

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: RAJ on May 07, 2013, 05:05:40 PM
Quote from: Deadeye on May 07, 2013, 08:09:16 AM

Time out - You are in the 20 gauge section and using a .670 choke?

Lol. I noticed it earlier but wasn't gonna say anything. I think he was a little confused. 

Deadeye

Sorry.  12ga. Browning. I wasn't paying attention. Deadeye handle is cause I'm blind in one eye, I only read half what I should. :D