OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Got my SumToy 562-3

Started by lakeplainshunter, May 04, 2013, 05:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakeplainshunter

I got my SumToy 562-3 for an Ithaca Model 37 TurkeySlayer in the Mail today.  I ordered it on Wednesday morning.  That is some great service.  What are the reasons for the rings and grooves in the ID of the choke?  I was expecting the rings from speaking with William, but not the grooves.  I hope to pattern it next weekend.  I have Hevi 13 5 shot, 6 shot, 7 shot, and Magnum Blend to test.  From what I have read, 7 shot should be the one.   

FL-Boss

I think it helps with the flight control wad?  Try some Federal #7, HEVI as well...

lakeplainshunter

William recommends the 562-5 for Federal Heavyweight.  Has anyone had good results with Federal Heavyweight in a 562-3?  If I could only find some Federal Heavyweight as every place I have looked they are out of stock. 

gophert

Quote from: lakeplainshunter on May 04, 2013, 05:09:54 PM
  What are the reasons for the rings and grooves in the ID of the choke?  I was expecting the rings from speaking with William, but not the grooves.   

Perhaps William will give you a better answer, but I'm guessing you told him you were shooting hevi shot and that is the internal make-up of the choke he made you to strip the wads and give the best pattern.  You will not see those in the choke developed to shoot Fed's flight control wad. 

William's chokes are very customized to the load you plan to shoot.

SumToy

The lines let the gas escape and look cool.  :icon_thumright:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA