OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Colo or Wyo big game for turkeys  (Read 13361 times)

Offline Eso7412

Re: Colo or Wyo big game for turkeys
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 10:16:46 PM »
 :turkey2:
I have 20k+ acres in duvall co florida...loaded with Osceola, as well as 12k+ in NW OKLAHOMA with Rios. amy@elitesportsmen.net

Offline jims

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 09:58:09 AM »
I had another great year of turkey hunting...and it's not over!  I harvested 2 super nice merriams here in Colorado and another 4 toms in Nebraska.  To cap it off I had a great time hunting Colo bighorn sheep with my son.  He harvested a super nice ram and we shared an incredible experience!  If anyone is searching for a swap send me a personal message.  I'm always looking for great fishing and hunting options.  The closer to Colo the better...I haven't had a whole lot of time the past few years to travel far. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 09:52:02 AM by jims »

Offline jims

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 10:03:24 AM »
As it gets closer to gobbler season I'm really getting anxious to get rid of cabin fever and head out in the hills after toms.  I would like to spread my wings and try a couple new locations this year in possibly Wyo, South Dakota, or Kansas.  If anyone would want to swap gobbler hunts I can set you up for big game species.  I also have a spot for pure merriams here in Colo where I consistently harvest a merriam each year but it entails a nasty hike back into some rough, remote country.  It is so rough I've considered backpack hunting it.  I've enclosed a photo what the country looks like.

Offline Lipripr

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »
Pm sent

Offline jims

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 08:11:01 AM »
I tend to bring this post back up to the top every year!  I had a great time hunting in 2018 and considering options for 2019.  Let me know if anyone is interested in Colo or Wyo hunts.

Offline Turkeyslayer7

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 09:43:20 AM »
We have some land in Missouri in the Ozarks if that’s of any interest to you. What area of Colorado do you hunt. I have hunted unit 54 for elk and plan on going back this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jims

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2019, 03:19:37 PM »
For gobblers I've mostly hunted close to my house on the Front Range in Colo.  I've also hunted gobblers on the Bosque and spent a little time in scattered units across the state.  I mostly hunt Central and Western Colo for deer, antelope, and elk.  I live on the Front Range and also spend a great deal of time in the unit above my house.  I've been on a number of bighorn and mtn goat hunts in scattered units.  I grew up in Wyo and worked for the BLM there for a number of years...and know quite a bit about scattered big game units across the Cowboy state.

An eastern tom is definitely on my to-do list!  My springs are pretty busy hunting Colo, Wyo, and SDak, and Nebraska....but plan on an eastern hunt sometime soon!