Just for info...
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

SgtUSMC

This is the exact reason I'm thinking that an over/under would be the ultimate turkey gun.

A full choke in one barrel for the close shots and a tight turkey choke in the other for when he's out around 40 and won't come any closer. 

At 25 yards shooting a tight choke, it actually looks like it could be easy to miss

lowoctane

I have a red dot and so far it's been lights out on all my turkey shots! :fud:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

shorthair15

i had a tru glo red dot mounted on my 870 sm today. with remington b square mount. i was a little skeptical about this mount as how it would handle the recoil. i have 2 eotech's and that is the only thing close to a red dot i have used. i had no problems with the red dot or mount they both worked great i shot a 20 yards. with a tru glo full turkey choke cheap turkey choke but just wanted give it a try. i was shooting federal premuims 3 inch 2 oz 6's. these are older, federals ive had for a few years. but they are brand new in box. shot a few 4's the 6's seemed to work best. i have a remington ventilator turkey choke comeing in .655. ILIKEHEVI-13 told me it was a great choke to try in remington 870 sm. the pattern was to open. will take this choke off the list. going to try a jellyhead in .665 as well. thanks

ILIKEHEVI-13

shorthair15,

The more chokes you try the more you will learn about what chokes work with a particular load you plan on shooting.  I typically shoot nothing but Hevi-13 loads and usually the 7's are my go to pick for comparing chokes.  But I also shoot Hevi-13 5's and 6's, so I like having chokes that will shoot these well.  Now how well that .655 Ventilator will shoot 3.5 loads I can't say.  But I would only speculate if you feed that choke the good Hevi-13 loads, you should be pleased at the results for what you paid for that choke. 

WyoHunter

Killer pattern for sure as long as you do your part. It's good your gun is equipped with a red dot.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Pressured Gobbler

wow that is quite impressive!

that would definetly make a Jellyhead like ol Will says lol