OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2 piece strikers

Started by 870BkWht, May 02, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

I purchased some materials to make a few extra strikers.  I got some dowels and tops, just to find some different sounds for a couple of calls.  I was wanting to know if when I go to glue them together, if 2 part epoxy would be the correct thing to use for putting these together?

Thanks
Ben

WildSpur

I used wood glue on mine.  So far so good.  Granted everything is wood.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

lightsoutcalls

The few 2 piece strikers I have glued up, I used titebond 2. It is water resistant, not waterproof.  I never had any problems with them.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

870BkWht

Thanks for the replies fellas.  I know that a 2 piece striker isnt much more than a tinker toy, but Im just looking for a cheap way to find some new sounds for my existing calls.  Again, I really appreciate the help.

Ben

QuickDraw

I like 2 piece strikers as well as the 1 piece. You can play around with different woods on bottom and different shapes on top. Like you said it's a cheap way to experiment and have several different sounds.

M,Yingling

I use gel supper glue you can put some sand in the head hole before gluing rod in and can always trim the heads down little at a time till u get the sound u like from striker 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

pappy

On those I have made I use thick CA glue, it has to be a tight fit, but so far so good.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206