Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Nice and easy

Started by whitelightning, May 02, 2013, 04:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitelightning

This morning there was a truck parked in the spot I wanted to go to, so I went with a plan B. At plan B I heard a couple of birds gobble and all but 1 were on private, the other that was on public was not gobbling much but I decided to get back in the truck and circle around on him. Low and behold I find a Gods of Thunder truck parked right where I wanted to hunt, so it was on to plan C. Plan C didnt pan out either so on to D. I was begining to wonder what I would do after Plan Z failed lol. After slipping through these thick woods I come to a more open section that is full of holly and old hardwoods, the kind that make great sleeping trees. Well I sit down at a comfy looking one and email my boss about something and I'm sitting there starting to feel like Im going to doze off, but its way to early for that its only 8:05. So I cut and a bird gobbles back not more then 70 yards straight in front of me! Heart hammering I settle down into position and see a longbeard running at me. He'll run a few steps then strut, then run a few steps then strut. I see movement behind him and hes got 3 hens chasing him! He starts to work to my right and just about the time Im not going to be able to hold on him becasue of the awkwardness of the position he stops and boom down he goes at 30 yards.  Gotta love it when they work fast.  Nice bird but doesnt score quite as well as my other one.

22 lbs 2 oz
1 5/16"
1 1/8"
10"

derek

Very nice man.  Gotta love that!  Sorry I blocked ya first thing!  But it worked out for both of us
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

BowBendr

I wish so bad that NC had public land that good.............

You on a roll too man. Congrats.  :icon_thumright:

WV TURKEY THUG