turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sumtoy Best bet

Started by IowaGobblers, April 30, 2013, 05:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaGobblers

I almost feel that I shouldnt even bother testing a bunch of other choke tubes when I feel like i can really trust and rely on William setting me up well. Am I being foolish or do you think that this wouldnt be the worst idea ever. ( shooting a h&r or mossberg super bantam and fed hw #7's)

mossyoakpro

He is first class.....if your not happy he will be sure you are before it's over. 

Great guy with a great product!!
Phillippians 4:13

FL-Boss

It's easy to get caught up in this "pattern game" but the reality is you likely won't gain too much.  Is there a choke out there that could shoot better than Suntoy?  Probably.   But how much is the question... Probably not enough to make it worth your time. It just depends on how much spare time and money you have blow.  Some on this board seem they could care less about actual turkey hunting and just get caught up in patterning their guns ....... and that's fine as their hobby of choice.  But how dead does dead need to be?  I think if you have a 20ga shooting 100+ in the 10in... your fine. 

Onpoint

Quote from: mossyoakpro on April 30, 2013, 05:54:51 PM
He is first class.....if your not happy he will be sure you are before it's over. 

Great guy with a great product!!

What he said

FL-Boss

and let me add....for real world hunting situations... don't get caught up just in the amount of pellets in the 10in @ 40yards .... I would be looking more closer at even spreads in the 20 ring... 

I actually don't want to see too much in the 10in... Again, just my opinion...

Michigander

mossyoakpro

Phillippians 4:13

ltprod

SgtUSMC

AGREED!! 

I had the Post office lose 2 chokes he sent me, actually they're still looking for the package that was to be delivered on the 13th....  Thats a whole other story...

Anyways, he sends me out another one free of charge, I received it Friday, patterned it that night and killed a bird Monday morning.  I'm seriously considering selling the other chokes in my guns and outfitting every last one of them with a Sumtoy

lakeplainshunter

I ordered a .562-3 today for my Ithaca Model 37 TurkeySlayer.

Bradley

Sarge glad to hear you got your Sumtoy. Sounds like it performed well. I killed a bird with my. 562 Monday and his head and neck was soup. It was about a 30 yard shot. I just ordered another Sumtoy for my Wife's  Mossy 500 youth bantam. Might have to shoot lead in it to open it up some. Will let you know how it does.

goblr77

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 30, 2013, 06:07:10 PM
and let me add....for real world hunting situations... don't get caught up just in the amount of pellets in the 10in @ 40yards .... I would be looking more closer at even spreads in the 20 ring... 

I actually don't want to see too much in the 10in... Again, just my opinion...

Amen.

gobblergls

William worked with me on 2 guns.  I wanted a hunting choke, not a bragging "most in the 10 ring choke". He delivered.

FL-Boss