turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

my 4-22 ky tom

Started by turkeyhunter91, April 29, 2013, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

Monday I told dad I was taking off work and I was going to try and redeem myself after a miss Saturday after dad killed his. I was getting set up around 6 when I head one gobble just over the bank about 60 yards. I ended up only hearing the one on my side of the cliffs. I knew that there were 2 with about 6 hens,I seen the previous night go to roost.  I hear him fly down and I spot 2 big red heads coming right towards me, then the hens start flying down. The boss wouldn't let the other Tom get close to the hens or even strut. The hens came to around 40 yards and he was right behind them but they turned down going toward the holler in front of me. So I knew he wasn't getting closer, so I shot, he takes off like a bullet chasing the other tom around the edge of the field. I guess I just made him mad (ha-ha). I shoot again while he is chasing and miss, but my 3 rd shot he just locks up and sits down. I guess a pellet must have injured his back because he didn't move at all. After getting another shell out and walking out there he is squatted down not moving. I eased around to where I could see his head so I could finish him. I made it back before they even had the backhoe fueled up, so I didn't have to take off work. He weighed in at 21 pounds 10 ounces had a beard 10 inch long which was about 1 ΒΌ inch wide at the top and 1 inch spurs. Mossburg 500 20 gauge with 3 inch federal # 5's. pic is below, sorry i had to crop it so small

turkeyhunter91

surehuntsalot

congrats on the 20ga bird
it's not the harvest,it's the chase