turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

dads 4-20 ky tom

Started by turkeyhunter91, April 29, 2013, 09:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

Saturday morning we set up in the edge of a cattle pasture. Where I had seen birds the evening before. There were 3 or 4 different birds gobbling down the holler on top of the cliffs. We sat there calling about every 20 minutes and around 8:00 we decided to do one last set of calls. Before we went to check another spot after yelping a few times one gobbles back. It was behind on us on top of the ridge about 150 yards from us. (About 30 yards from the vehicle ha-ha.) After a little more calling he was getting closer, about the time he made it to the creek. I hear a hen yelping right behind him. I decided to keep calling and working him. He ended up walking about 4 feet away from us just up a hill to our right heading straight for the decoys. I am videoing him at the decoys and waiting for him to jump on them then he turns away allowing dad to get his gun up. I hear a hen putt just below us, O' Tom raises his head to leave as dad pulls the trigger. O' Tom weighted in at 23 pounds 6 ounces having a 10 in beard and 1 1/8 spurs. He was using an old Remington Wingmaster 20 gauge with 2 3/4 # 6 shot. pic below

turkeyhunter91

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase