OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Area For 20 Gauge Turkey Gun Patterns Purpose and Guidelines  (Read 9476 times)

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Area For 20 Gauge Turkey Gun Patterns Purpose and Guidelines
« on: April 25, 2013, 09:49:23 PM »
Area For 20 Gauge Turkey Gun Patterns Purpose and Guidelines

Pattern Pictures Only for the Original Post

Guys just to communicate with you the intent and purpose of the Turkey Gun Pattern Pictures area is to provide photographic examples of Turkey gun performance - you can always reply to the original picture with a text message , but we are requiring that the Original Post be of a photograph --The reason is.... easy to reference information , if it gets bogged down with other content it will make this area difficult to navigate and reference for the members - To assist in this the staff will move all Original Posts that are not of a pattern picture to the other turkey gun sections that apply   

I altered the section description to include Turkey Gun Pattern Pictures , Penetration Pictures pictures of tests against a medium to determine pellet penetration and "neckcropsy" internet coined term for dissected gobbler necks ...to show how well a load performs on a gobbler is acceptable to post here also   

We are working towards more lethal and effective turkey guns - put down game solid -

Guys after some feedback and suggestions from the membership we are going to make this area so that Turkey Gun Patterns can be provided for the members can utilize for reference purposes

1) We are not going to say this goes here, and that goes there, just take into mind with the high rates of traffic , if you want your turkey gun pattern to be placed where it can be of use, this is the place to do it -

2 )We are going to ask that the Original Poster make their post with a picture of a pattern , if you don't have a picture or your post is structured as a question , place it in the other turkey gun areas - responses , questions , comments and pots to that Original Post are fine -

3) We are going to suggest you place all pertinent information with your pattern , Load , Gun barrel length , Choke and conditions - so that it can be utilized for reference purposes - If you can place that in the thread title that would be great - if you can give a standardized 10 or 20 inch circle that would be appreciated by the members

4) We are going to suggest insist that the standard format be  no father than 40 yards ---no  "Hail Mary " shots   ,  - What you do in your neck of the woods is your business ,but please think of the newbies to the sport and what impression it could give to the sport of turkey hunting - 10 or 20 inch circles is fine  -- you can debate a fudge factor ,but  lets not comment or promote the risky shots in  public , send a PM to a member if needed--

5) We are going to request that If you state that it is a 30 or 40 yard pattern that it is actually a 30 or 40 yard pattern - from muzzle to paper, measured with a measuring device of sorts,  not paced - I will give you a example ...my 12 paces are about 10 yards measured..... If I were to post up a 40 pace shot and declare it a 40 yards measured... then what I have done is provided a 35 yard type shot , the members will then see that it shot great , run out and spend their hard earned money on the matching equipment only in the end to be disappointed - 40 yards is 40 yards
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon