OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which 20 to get?

Started by IowaGobblers, April 23, 2013, 05:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IowaGobblers

Looking at getting a 20 that would be a turkey slayer but also used for small game. Besides the 870 what else would you recommend?

FL-Boss

I just ordered a mossberg SA20 turkey today. http://www.mossberg.com/product/shotguns-autoloading-sa-20-turkey-thug/75782-0

like the look.. and seem light (compared to my REM 1187 super mag)

BrowningGuy88

I really like the feel of the M2, but I wouldn't spend that kind of money personally. I would look at the Weatherby SA-08 and the Franchi Affinity.

chode2235

Went through this exact question over the winter and will be taking my Franchi Affinity out into the field this weekend. 

Walmarts has the camo 1187 Remington 20 for a good price.

IowaGobblers

Heard anything good/bad on TriStar raptor youth 20's?

I got my son one for Christmas.It would hang up every 2 or 3 shells feed thru it.Traded it for a Remington.

remmy1187

Just got an 11-87 sportsman last week and it shoots hevi 7's real good and as for a small game-bird gun I think it would be perfect.  Fit is good and it swings really good with very little recoil.

vaturkey

Just pick up a Benelli M2 & shoulder it. If you can afford one you will never regret it !

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

WildTigerTrout

I can recommend the Benelli "Nova". I have one in 20 Ga., full camo with a 24" barrel. It is lightweight and reliable.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Crockrj

Franchi affinity compact with a Sumtoy choke and FHW 7's. They won't have a chance

surehuntsalot

Mossberg SA20 in an auto
Mossberg 500   in a pump
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

turkeytromp

For the money, The new Franchi Affinity is a whole lot of gun and in my opinion is very well quality as the benelli m2, besides it is one of the top three lightest autos available and shoots smooth as butter. I have both guns and lean toward the franchi for the price, top quality,feel and performance.

Sand Man

Big Benelli fan here and my M1 20ga patterned TSS very well.  My only problem was I wasn't drilling and tapping the receiver on my Benelli for a red dot as I wing shoot with the gun primarily.  That's the reason I went to the 870 for a dedicated turkey gun.  If you are wanting an all around 20ga with a regular stock (another reason I went 870 as there aren't any pistol grip stocks for the Benelli 20's), I would look at the Benelli.

I've heard good things about the Franchi, but I've never held nor fired one.

Beretta 3901 if you can find one is a very nice gas operated 20ga.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

IowaGobblers

I have it down to Mossberg 500 super bantam,870, Mossberg SA-20 and bps. What would you pick?