North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Things sure have gotten quiet in here.

Started by DMP, April 18, 2013, 08:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMP

canadatom

Patiently waiting one more week to get started, just about killing me seeing everyone getting birds, wife tells me I need to relax but it is "TURKEY HUNTING", she just doesn't get it, lol. Be getting out on weekend again for a final scouting trip before next thursday when it all happens.

bawana

derek

Hunted Delaware Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday with nothing to show for it but hurt feelings.  Came very close a number of times though.  The area I was in was new to me.  Just thick row pines with a tangle of an understory, not much for open areas and no fields.  I had birds in range of me each morning, sometimes multiple occasions and wouldn't see them.  Yesterday I watched one fly off the roost, land 40 yards away from me, walk up to within 30 yards and I never saw him on the ground.  Last 2 days I've heard a ton of drumming though.  Neat feeling to work a bird that doesn't gobble but know he's answering you.  Glad to be in the woods though.  Gotta work again tonight then get some vacation time in.  MD opened today and NJ opens Monday.

MDBowman and Whitelightning are both hunting MD today.. MDBowman hasn't had much going on, haven't heard from Bonce yet. 

Bring on Saturday!
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

BowBendr

Heard nothing from the roost this morning, it was bad hot and humid, but got one going about 8. He was 150-200 yds way over on another ridge with a creek seperating us. Fired him up and got over on his side and gained the high ground on him. He crossed over to the side I was originally on and came up the bottom looking and gobbling. Had him strutting and drumming at 60 yds for 30 minutes....he never crossed that magic line I drew in the woods where i'd shoot him...Woods are waaaaayyy too open, he couldn't see a bird and finally left........he was a big ol bird..... :'(