turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Original Screamin Demon call!

Started by big j, February 07, 2011, 09:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big j

Someone please tell me of this mystical call!! Not the SD 2. The Original and it origins would be great. Thanks J

runngun

I have an original  Screamin Demon, The wood is greenish/grey, looks like laminate (before laminates became cool) and the calling surface does not appear to be glass, but a type of synthetic. I got this call the first year they made them so I have had it a long time. I have killed a bunch of turkeys using it. The sound is different from other slates I have. They stopped making them for a while, and the last few years started making them again. I wish I new how to post photos.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

shootumindaface

Run and Gun its easy.. Create a Photobucket account, upload and use the IMG code..Their is instructionals in the Technical help board above

woodchip

Were those made by perfection??  I remember my hunting buddy used to use one back when we first started turkey hunting.  I remember it sounding good.

runngun

Thanks shootem will give it a try.

Yes they were made by Perfection and they do sound good.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

RaspyD

The original Screamin' Demon was actually a walnut pot double glass call that came along in the early 1990's.  The greenish laminate double glass call was next in line around 1996.  There was a slate and an aluminum prototype of the laminate pot that was never released.  Perfection also did a Limited Edition call in a Rosewood pot for their 25th anniversary in 1997.  The Screamin' Demon 2 was born in 2007.  I will post pictures of all the Screamin' Demons a little later.
Perfection Turkey Calls

3.5inchpainfulldeath

heres a good pic of one, and proof that they work too :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley:

RaspyD

The original Screamin' Demon in a walnut pot:

The original and a slate Demon both in a walnut pot:

The Screamin' Demon in a laminate pot...also shown with a prototype slate/laminate and a prototype aluminum/laminate:

The Screamin' Demon 2 in a Corian pot...also shown with a prototype slate and a prototype ceramic calling surface in the Corian pot:
Perfection Turkey Calls

big j

So how does the sd 2 compare to some of these great originals? Anyone running th sd 2?

3.5inchpainfulldeath

Quote from: big j on February 08, 2011, 11:50:51 PM
So how does the sd 2 compare to some of these great originals? Anyone running th sd 2?

any of the above will call birds in....   i've ran all of them except the walnut, and they all sound awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! 

RaspyD

Quote from: big j on February 08, 2011, 11:50:51 PM

It's like going from listening to music on a cassette tape to listening to it on a CD.
Perfection Turkey Calls

Grasshopper

Quote from: big j on February 07, 2011, 09:52:28 PM
Someone please tell me of this mystical call!! Not the SD 2. The Original and it origins would be great. Thanks J
If you kind find one consider yourself fortunate