turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My turkey guns

Started by wisconsinteacher, March 07, 2011, 10:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

Here are my two turkey guns.  The black one is the new to me 870SM with Knoxx stock and Mueller sight.  I thought the Mueller would be mounted to high, but it is perfect.  I used a weaver mount and had it cut to size and still be able to use 3 out of the 4 screws.  I have a SumToys choke in it and plan to shoot Hevi #7.  The other gun is my old 870 that my dad gave me.  I have shot  all of my turkeys to date with it.  I have been shooting #5 Federal FC 3" rounds and a Rem extra full choke, but will be using Hevi #6s this spring with a SumToys choke.  I also have TruGlo sights on it.  One thing I have learned from this site in one year and that is that my old set up was not the best at 40 yards.  After season and a lot of reading on here, I tested my old gun and got 95 @ 40 with it using the FC Federals, that is why I have changed ammo and chokes.  I got a new gun also because of the info from this site.  I could not have put the set up together without your help.  Now I just need the WI snow to melt so I can go shooting.  Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

sugarray

Those are awesome!!!  Thanks for posting.

wisconsinteacher

I can't wait to get a bird in front of them. :z-guntootsmiley:

VAHUNTER

Good things come to those who wait

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

bowhunter84

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

spur collector

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tjh24

Good looking guns, Good luck with them this spring!!

chatterbox

Couple of nice looking slayers you have there! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
:anim_25:

S.C.C

Both very NICE turkey killers!!  :anim_25: to ya this spring!! :icon_thumright: