turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Temp vs pattern density

Started by I hate turkeys, March 07, 2011, 09:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I hate turkeys

I shot a pattern the otherday, 65 degrees outside 232 in 10" with #6's. Shot today with a different choke 50 degrees outside  227 in 10" with # 6's. Both were shot at 40 yards. How much will that 15 degrees affect the pattern?   All things were the same except the choke and temp.
I think as the temp rises the pattern will tighten up. Just wondering if anyone had an idea of percentages?
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

drum817

Hard to say how much better your pattern will get....but...It "should" improve with higher temps.  I would suggest that folks ALWAYS shoot a couple shells in bad weather just to see the "worst case scenario".
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

VAHUNTER

Quote from: drum817 on March 07, 2011, 10:04:50 PM
Hard to say how much better your pattern will get....but...It "should" improve with higher temps.  I would suggest that folks ALWAYS shoot a couple shells in bad weather just to see the "worst case scenario".
great advice Tim  :icon_thumright:
i like to pattern my guns as close to the temps as possible that i will be dealing with while hunting
Good things come to those who wait

shootumindaface

Quote from: drum817 on March 07, 2011, 10:04:50 PM
Exactly with our spring weather I am forced to pattern in some cool temps, it spurs jealousy looking at the board, but I know I need to because alot of morning when I hunt we are in the teens at flydown.. I than shoot in the summer and the world is right again LOL