turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Big upgrade

Started by DMP, April 11, 2013, 11:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMP

Killed only my second double beard this morning.

The bird that has given my problems this week died this morning. Went in and set up on the food plot and waited him out. Bird gobbled only 3 times on the roost and he was probably 75 yds away from us on the roost. Could hear a hen in his direction but knew the previous two mornings that they eventually made their way to the food plot. So we sat and waited. Heard him spit and drum a few times behind us but after 20 mins or so there was nothing. Worried that he and the hen went the other way, I gave a few soft yelps and the hen started talking back but no tom. Called to her a few times and she would call back every time. She closed the distance to probably 60 yds behind us and we could hear spitting and drumming but when I stopped calling she started off in the other direction.
Figured the only way to get him was to keep calling to the hen so I started getting louder with her and more aggressive and she didn't like that at all. Finally she swung around to my right and entered the plot with big boy right beside her.

Killed at 13 steps
21.5 lbs
10 1/4 beard 7 1/2 beard
1 1/8 spurs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dI-cOAySSY

MDbowman

Very nice, can't wait to see those pics!!! Great video Derek!

derek

Helluva bird Derek!!!  Congrats!  That's an awesome upgrade!
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

whitelightning

Very very nice bird! thats how you upgrade!

bawana

canadatom

Congrats, great bird!

BowBendr

Big up-grade there. He's a beautiful bird.  :icon_thumright: