turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Loudest Owl Hooter

Started by Gamechaser, March 01, 2013, 08:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamechaser

What is the loudest owl hooter on the market? I have used my voice for years and it is starting to wear on my vocals. I have an acrylic owl hooter made from a duck call manufacturer but just didn't know if there was anything out there louder. Thanks in advance. Good luck this year

CallDr

Volume is some what a problem because it works off back pressure and you are cupping your hands to Choke Down the call to get the most real Owl sounds. The best call on the market is the Hooks Hootin Stick for sounding like an owl and has plenty enough volume to get the job done. PLus you end up calling real owls and they do the work for you....lol.

If it takes volume ( and Pitch ) to get a shock gobble then blow your crow call once you hear the first Crow.

Hope that helped........ my voice is not what it was either ;)

www.wildtalker.com

Cut*N*Run

The best you can do is to learn how to get the one note high pitched roll. It's sounds #13 and #14 on this page: http://home.centurytel.net/bobowlcalls/Barred_Owl_calls.htm

I do this on the hoot 'n' stick by using my hands for back pressure for a split second at the beginning and then I move my hands out of the way and push full air through the call to get the pitch up there. Then I lower the pressure and roll the note out.

One benefit is that you're not blocking the sound with your hands, the other is that you're only blowing one note so you won't cover up and gobbles.

weave

Quote from: Cut*N*Run on March 10, 2013, 06:15:39 PM
The best you can do is to learn how to get the one note high pitched roll. It's sounds #13 and #14 on this page: http://home.centurytel.net/bobowlcalls/Barred_Owl_calls.htm

I do this on the hoot 'n' stick by using my hands for back pressure for a split second at the beginning and then I move my hands out of the way and push full air through the call to get the pitch up there. Then I lower the pressure and roll the note out.

One benefit is that you're not blocking the sound with your hands, the other is that you're only blowing one note so you won't cover up and gobbles.

Thanks for posting that link!  Great place for me to work on some other notes

Sent from a  mobile device.
Check us out on the www @