Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Mossberg 835, 20" barrel, PG .670, Hevi 3.5" 2 1/4 oz #7

Started by sugarray, April 07, 2013, 07:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

Here are my patterns.  All from 40 yds and 60-70 degrees.  Struggled getting the Mueller Quick Shot lined in, but finally got it.

captin_hook

Those are great. I'd say you're all set. Phew..... Those are somethin. :z-winnersmiley:

Tom Foolery

sixbird

chatterbox

BrowningGuy88

You are ready to crush some turkeys Ray!!! Way to go!

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

UtahGobbler

I have that same gun. Is that hevi mag blend or hevi 13 or what? I'm not that familiar with hevi shot and want to try it. I shoot rem nitro which are okay but past 40 forget it.

UtahGobbler

I just realized that I said mag blend which was a mistake since u said #7. My conclusion is hevi 13?

sugarray

UtahGobbler

Do you have any experience on penetration? How about past 40?

UtahGobbler

I took the mossberg 835 out today and shot some hevi mag blend 3.5 inch. Nothing but dissappointment. At 40 yards I only had 9 in a ten inch circle. Any suggestions? Our local store doesn't have any hevi 13 only mag blends. I shot nitros too and they surprisingly were not much worse and a quarter of the cost. I'm at a lose. Any suggestions.

Bob

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: UtahGobbler on April 10, 2013, 07:57:22 PM
I took the mossberg 835 out today and shot some hevi mag blend 3.5 inch. Nothing but dissappointment. At 40 yards I only had 9 in a ten inch circle. Any suggestions? Our local store doesn't have any hevi 13 only mag blends. I shot nitros too and they surprisingly were not much worse and a quarter of the cost. I'm at a lose. Any suggestions.

Bob

How big of a target are you shooting. My 935 shot almost a foot high when I first started patterning it. I've also hear of other mossbergs that were way off.