turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Is there such a thing...?

Started by 870BkWht, April 06, 2013, 09:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

After 6 weeks on order, I finally got to pick up my new 2013 Elite Hunter.  Im a tall drink of water(6'5'') as my wife says and needless to say, I have long arms.  I ordered the 31'' draw lenght, with 80# limbs.  Ive only shot the bow about 50 times since I brought it home, but so far its awesome.  Upgraded from a Mathews DXT (2007) so it was time for a change.  Im shooting 100 grain field tips and will be shooting 100 grain RAGE broadheads, and also shooting Easton Axis Realtree arrows at 11.5 grains per inch and they are cut to 30''.  Question is that I have is when Im shooting, I can only assume that there is a fair amount on Kinetic Energy from the current setup and removing the arrows from a block 4x4 is tough and a 2 hand affair, and for deer hunting this will great, but I have thought about, toward the later part of the WV season, trying to tag a gobbler with this new bow, and was wondering if it would be too much?  If Im shooting the bow good, is there any reason to change anything?  If I do tote the bow during turkey season, there will no doubt be a blind involved so holding the draw weight will not be an issue.

30_06

I wouldn't change anything, as with all other types of game I prefer a pass thru.
If you shoot it well I think your setup will work great!

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

M R Ducks

Shoot from a blind.  If you have no issues, you are fine!  However, being that tall, shooting from a blind may be more of a challenge than you think, add a long draw length.....  Nothing like shooting from a tree stand.  You may find all that draw weight harder to draw in the cramped confines of the blind, so I would recommend some trial runs.  Otherwise, if it's not broken, leave it alone......

Ducks