OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Premier Turkey

Started by Fastcat, April 06, 2013, 06:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastcat

Has anyone here ever tried the Remington Premier 10 gauge turkey loads?  They are a 2 1/4 oz load if #4s.  My local hardware store has some in stock. 

Old Gobbler

Its been some time since I have shot the Remington Lead Loads - I had a box of those but they did not shoot as well as the Federal #4 Lead

I do recall shooting the Remingtons out of a Chronograph and they tended to read about 1300 fps out of my unit - faster than the other lead loads
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

highwaygun

i shot the first 5 longbeards with a 10ga with these shell and they did great but quit using them after i had on miss fire. yes i am not joking i had a gobbler standing in my decoys cocked the hammer let it rip and it sounded like a m80 in water and i could see the pellets and wad come out the barrel. i was just baffled couldnt believe it never seen this before. the hull was melted funny and smelled like burnt hair. that gobbler was the luckiest sob i have ever seen. probably just my clark grizwald luck but just wanted to let you know. oh yeah and this was out of a brand new box but the older version with the black brass.