Main Menu

Looking for a new Glass slate call

Started by chrisg2709, March 16, 2013, 07:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

Quote from: Andy S. on March 17, 2013, 11:54:46 PM
Quote from: s-s on March 17, 2013, 11:38:17 PM
how do i contact lonnie snead. for green glass
304-425-3021. One of the finest gentleman you'll ever talk to. He will talk turkey and deer hunting with you like he's known you his entire life.
Yepper, he's a heck of a nice guy.

TauntoHawk

There is a Twisted Sister in the classifieds but it won't last long.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chrisg2709

I usually check the classifieds multiple times a day. The one day I didnt have a chance to look its here then its gone.

turkeystrut

Quote from: captin_hook on March 18, 2013, 06:36:29 AM
Quote from: Andy S. on March 17, 2013, 11:54:46 PM
Quote from: s-s on March 17, 2013, 11:38:17 PM
how do i contact lonnie snead. for green glass
304-425-3021. One of the finest gentleman you'll ever talk to. He will talk turkey and deer hunting with you like he's known you his entire life.
Yepper, he's a heck of a nice guy.
yea, he makes an sweet hot hen call.he is an nice guy.
gotta love the outdoors!

wvcurlytop

Cody Woodsman, the Drop Dead series...

jordanz7935

I just bought a Halloran Crystal Misstress earlier this year and it is hands down the best friction call my ears have ever heard.I also just bought a few of Lonnie Sneeds Hot Hen Slate calls. They sound good and hes a nice guy to do business with. You could buy a Sneeds slate and green glass for the price of the crystal misstress.That said, Sneeds craftsmanship wasnt that great.My calls didnt even come finished, just raw wood. not a big deal though im still happy with them.I definately wont be buying any more calls off of store shelves from now on. Its nice to know that when you by a custom call the person who made it is just as much of a turkey fanatic as you are. Not by a foreigner on a production line.

MikeStaten

I've got sneed's hot hen slate and it's a great sounding call. If his green glass call sounds as good as the slate, you'll do well with it.

That said, I just picked up David Halloran's Twisted Sister and it sounds great. Its very easy to run and has a nice raspy sound to it.  If you don't mind spending the extra money, Halloran's call would be one to look into.