OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pattern pics

Started by woodchip, March 07, 2011, 12:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodchip

A couple weeks ago I posted some pics of my patterns shot with my 870 SM and a .660 Jellyhead.  I only got 165 in a 10".  I was hoping to get away from my StarDot that I've used for several years, but here are some pics from the StarDot and the same loads.  Not incredible but better than the Jellyhead, plus it hits closer to POA.  I was curious how the pattern looks at 20yds so I shot one there.  It was shot off hand so the POI is off a little, but I was worried about missing at close range, but not now.  It's much more open than I thought.  I counted as many holes as I could on the 20yd target but it's probably much more than 386.

[attachment deleted by admin]

sugarray

Is yours polished?  This will help.  

What is the diameter of the star dot?

If it is, maybe taking the JH back and getting a .665, as the .660 may be a little too tight for the 2.25 oz of shot.  Worth a try.  Primos told me to take it back to where I got it and they will refund or exchange.  I didn't have any trouble.

woodchip

The barrel is polished, and the StarDot is a .668.  I think I'm just going to go with this setup for this year.  I'm hunting a quota at the end of this month.  The KY season is a little over a month away, and headed to Kansas in May so everything is creeping up.  I don't plan on shooting past 40 anyways, and this is by far the best pattern I've ever packed to the woods.  Can't wait to hammer something with the #7s!

hookedspur

quote author=woodchip link=topic=3468.msg41388#msg41388 date=1299528592]
The barrel is polished, and the StarDot is a .668.  I think I'm just going to go with this setup for this year.  I'm hunting a quota at the end of this month.  The KY season is a little over a month away, and headed to Kansas in May so everything is creeping up.  I don't plan on shooting past 40 anyways, and this is by far the best pattern I've ever packed to the woods.  Can't wait to hammer something with the #7s!
[/quote] :anim_25:  :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Tuttle

I have a jh 665 that I would be glad to trade to you for your 660.  I shoot a 3" gun with hevi shot #6's.  I'm getting in the 290's at 30 but only 170's at 40.  My 660 tightwad does better at longer ranges and be glad to swap you straight up.  I've only put five rounds through the choke.  Shoot me a pm if you are interested. I live in Lexington too so if you are close, you are welcome to take a look at it or we can meet halfway somewhere.  What part of KY do live in? Btw, I bought my choke at sportsmans warehouse about a week ago, just went back there to try to swap but they only had the 665 in stock.