turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looked what happened to me.... :(

Started by turkeykiller22, March 07, 2011, 12:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeykiller22

Posted this over on archerytalk, and I was told to come post it here...Wow went to shoot my gun before turkey season opens saturday...Had several choke tubes I was going to try through my super black eagle 2...It is an indian creek choke that cost $95!!!! This happened on my last shot so im not sure if it messed up the barrel or not. The gun is patterning right really bad, and last season it shot left bad.. I have no idea what is going on. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. By the way I was shooting winchester supreme 3in #4s Not the extended range...    
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

turkeykiller22

looks like since im new to the site, i cant figure out how to post pics.. can someone help?
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Mossy517

Posting for OP
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

Skeeterbait

Thought I would help you out a bit so I went to Archery Talk and pulled your pictures and brought them over.

This is the second IC choke we have seen recently that split on the crown.  It may be that IC got a bad batch of steel ingots.  I would recommend you call Indian Creek and ask to speak with Stuart directly.  From what I see I suspect your barrel is fine.

Well since seeing the pic Mossy posted is this the same choke we discussed a while back?  Maybe there arent two.

anthonyjhallen

I dont think it was the same choke as awhile back.  If I remember correctly the prievious one was only split in one place.

It must be a bad batch of steel.  I have sent plenty of rounds down range with my IC with no problems.  

I am sure they will help you out if you give them a call

drum817

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on March 07, 2011, 01:41:19 PM
  I have sent plenty of rounds down range with my IC with no problems. 

Same here....If call I C they WILL make it right  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

beaverslayer

I personally know the guy from the first story.  His only split in one spot.  He said he talked with the guy at IndianCreek and he said that he had about 10 of them do that.  He said it was the steel. If the guy didn't misunderstand him, he said all the split chokes were made of carbon steel and the one not splitting were stainless steel. IndianCreek was very apologetic and sent him a new one without even waiting on the old one.  

Mossy517

Quote from: Skeeterbait on March 07, 2011, 01:23:34 PM
Thought I would help you out a bit so I went to Archery Talk and pulled your pictures and brought them over.

This is the second IC choke we have seen recently that split on the crown.  It may be that IC got a bad batch of steel ingots.  I would recommend you call Indian Creek and ask to speak with Stuart directly.  From what I see I suspect your barrel is fine.

Well since seeing the pic Mossy posted is this the same choke we discussed a while back?  Maybe there arent two.

Not sure if it is the same choke or not, I had him email me the pics so I could post them for him
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

Hognutz

Agreed. Contact Stuart, at Indian Creek, and he will make it right. Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hookedspur

Quote from: Hognutz on March 07, 2011, 02:28:01 PM
Agreed. Contact Stuart, at Indian Creek, and he will make it right. Mike
:agreed: and fast .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Gobble!

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 07, 2011, 03:12:43 PM
Quote from: beaverslayer on March 07, 2011, 01:47:42 PM
I personally know the guy from the first story.  His only split in one spot.  He said he talked with the guy at IndianCreek and he said that he had about 10 of them do that.  He said it was the steel. If the guy didn't misunderstand him, he said all the split chokes were made of carbon steel and the one not splitting were stainless steel. IndianCreek was very apologetic and sent him a new one without even waiting on the old one. 

Correct, Lee said that Stuart told him, they have had no issues out of the new Stainless Steel chokes.

What made them try the carbon steel?
Cheaper?

Reloader

Reminds me of Elmer Fudd's shotgun.

S.C.C

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 07, 2011, 03:12:43 PM
Quote from: beaverslayer on March 07, 2011, 01:47:42 PM
I personally know the guy from the first story.  His only split in one spot.  He said he talked with the guy at IndianCreek and he said that he had about 10 of them do that.  He said it was the steel. If the guy didn't misunderstand him, he said all the split chokes were made of carbon steel and the one not splitting were stainless steel. IndianCreek was very apologetic and sent him a new one without even waiting on the old one. 

Correct, Lee said that Stuart told him, they have had no issues out of the new Stainless Steel chokes.
SOOO how long have they been useing the "NEW" stainless steel!!!