OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Limited out ... back to making Push Pins ....

Started by Old Gobbler, April 01, 2013, 11:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

I am limited out on gobblers ,( turkey hunting first) so with that priority over I will try and catch up with the list - as usual I am working as hard as I can on these

Cocobolo sides everything else Black {Gabon) Ebony - sounds so good .... and is probably half way to the western states turkey hunter by this time ( u.s. mail)- check my profile out for soundfiles and video demonstrations of these --this call can back it up

It was starting to look lame on a recent hunt the other day on a fence line , I had two of my push pins cranking out a fighting rattle and the gobbler over there went ape $%& over it and started to double gobble so many times( hundreds ) by the time he came in he went hoarse on his gobble , you could see him crane his neck and no sound came out , lol - thing I have learned over the years once they bite the bait on the fighting rattle , you have to press home with the calling and keep it up till they run in -- 

Thanks for looking - everyone have a safe season --Shannon K.

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

BigGobbler

Did you hunt public land? The gobblers are shutting down at about 9:30 in the Ocala area and are still playing hard to get yet maybe next weekend they will be willing to play.

Gawhitaker

Congrats on fantastic season, and on making a great call. Good news for me to, mine will be here fo our season opener

Old Gobbler

Quote from: BigGobbler on April 02, 2013, 03:46:01 AM
Did you hunt public land? The gobblers are shutting down at about 9:30 in the Ocala area and are still playing hard to get yet maybe next weekend they will be willing to play.
The gobblers down here were off to a slow start - they are plenty hot now - dont matter for me , Im done for the season
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Lonehowl

hookedspur

Shannon I really like mine and use it as my closer .    Thanks Steve
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions