OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Limited out ... back to making Push Pins ....  (Read 4064 times)

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Limited out ... back to making Push Pins ....
« on: April 01, 2013, 11:35:10 PM »
I am limited out on gobblers ,( turkey hunting first) so with that priority over I will try and catch up with the list - as usual I am working as hard as I can on these

Cocobolo sides everything else Black {Gabon) Ebony - sounds so good .... and is probably half way to the western states turkey hunter by this time ( u.s. mail)- check my profile out for soundfiles and video demonstrations of these --this call can back it up

It was starting to look lame on a recent hunt the other day on a fence line , I had two of my push pins cranking out a fighting rattle and the gobbler over there went ape $%& over it and started to double gobble so many times( hundreds ) by the time he came in he went hoarse on his gobble , you could see him crane his neck and no sound came out , lol - thing I have learned over the years once they bite the bait on the fighting rattle , you have to press home with the calling and keep it up till they run in -- 

Thanks for looking - everyone have a safe season --Shannon K.

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline BigGobbler

• BigGobblerCalls
Re: Limited out ... back to making Push Pins ....
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 03:46:01 AM »
Did you hunt public land? The gobblers are shutting down at about 9:30 in the Ocala area and are still playing hard to get yet maybe next weekend they will be willing to play.

Offline Gawhitaker

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 07:27:24 PM »
Congrats on fantastic season, and on making a great call. Good news for me to, mine will be here fo our season opener

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 11:07:33 PM »
Did you hunt public land? The gobblers are shutting down at about 9:30 in the Ocala area and are still playing hard to get yet maybe next weekend they will be willing to play.
The gobblers down here were off to a slow start - they are plenty hot now - dont matter for me , Im done for the season
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline Lonehowl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 11:46:25 PM »
Beautiful call!
Mark

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 03:07:56 AM »
Shannon I really like mine and use it as my closer .    Thanks Steve
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions