OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help with patterning...

Started by unworthy, March 07, 2011, 10:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unworthy

I have a mossberg 835 and I am shooting winchester supreme double x 3-1/2" # 6 with a Kick's Gobbling Thunder .670.  I am getting good patterns (I think) at 30 and 40 yards.  Not sure what the pellet count is inside a 10" circle, but I am getting 50-60 pellets in the "kill zone".  Is this comparative to what others are getting?

:jesus-cross:

njdevilsb

It sounds pretty good.  50-60 in the kill zone should translate to more than 100 or so pellets in the 10" circle.  100 evenly spaced pellets is usually a good baseline to go by for your maximum range.  A lot of people like it to be quite a bit higher than 100, myself included.  

Gobble!

Ctomp1974

Quote from: njdevilsb on March 07, 2011, 03:24:28 PM
It sounds pretty good.  50-60 in the kill zone should translate to more than 100 or so pellets in the 10" circle.  100 evenly spaced pellets is usually a good baseline to go by for your maximum range.  A lot of people like it to be quite a bit higher than 100, myself included.  

x2...That is one of the best lead chokes available for lead. If its even with no large gaps in the pattern you should be good to go!

Clint